charleslamb4077 38M
65 posts
11/18/2005 1:37 am

Last Read:
3/5/2006 9:27 pm


I got to the prometic testing center yesterday morning and signed in. The proctor says "I see we've got you in for a couple of tests today." This causes me quite a state of alarm. I ask, "You mean one this morning and one tomorrow morning right?" "No." she responds "They have you down for both tests this morning." Well these test take two hours and forty five minutes a piece. I was not about to try the get both of them in that time span. She says "These tests are really tough. I've never seen them schedule these on the same day before."

Luckily they were very nice. They told me to go ahead and take the first test and they would check their schedule to see if they had a station come open in the afternoon. I finished the test with only two minutes left. This had me worried because I had used up all my scheduled time for just one of the two test. I am sitting nervous about the test I just took and when am I going to be able to take the next one. If not now do I lose the exam fee I put up for it? After about two minutes sitting there pondering this my score comes back 749 out of 1000 passing.

Relieved and warry at same time (one of the strangest feelings I have experienced yet)I went out to the front desk to let them know I had finished. Carol already knew and had my confirmation print out ready. She told me that there was some scheduled for a short test at noon. She asked if I could come back at 1:30 and his computer should be available.

So I went to lunch and returned at 1:15. When I returned Carol was out to lunch. This is almost more than I can take. I paced around trying to calm down while I waited for the lady covering to taking care of someone who came in to schedule a test. When she was finished with him I had calmed down enough to explain what had happened with my test scheduling. She verified that and computer was open and ushered me into the testing room.

The second test flew by. this was troubling me because thse tests are full of trick questions and it is taking a lot less time than the first. I finished with 30 minutes left. And again comes the sitting there in the testing room waiting for the score to come.

Then it comes 972 of 1000.

It took me another 10 minutes to realize that it was over with and I achieved the certification I was working for. By then I had signed out and was on my way back to my best friend's appartment where I have been staying while I am up in the city.

Efilnikufecin69 48M

11/18/2005 4:55 am

...and the crowd goes wild! Whoa! Have you ever seen anything like that before?! Awesome!*claps and cheers from Blogland supporters*

Efilnikufecin69 and saintlianna

charleslamb4077 38M
90 posts
11/22/2005 1:06 am

I want to thank you again for your support. It was very hard for to wander into an unfamiliar place try to come out on top know that most people don't pass their first atempt. Knowing that I had people rooting for me made that easier.

PS. I am temid about posting this comment I almost decided to come back later. The number 666 came up in the little box below my comment.

GoddessOfTheDawn 106F
11240 posts
12/5/2005 7:22 am

congratulations. Those are tough babiez.... I will know all about it soonish too as I've started a new track just now ...

BIG congratz, again you deserve them

charleslamb4077 38M
90 posts
12/5/2005 3:47 pm

Thanks Goddess. It is always nice to meet a fellow techie. Good luck on your next cert

Become a member to create a blog