JAILBIRD Mentality?!!  

_precious1_ 39F
14 posts
7/20/2006 9:13 am

Last Read:
7/25/2006 9:46 am

JAILBIRD Mentality?!!

Surprisingly to you maybe, but not for me of course I've had my share of cases. But my true reason for this blog, is to express my feelings about how it may change peoples lives or personalities in a NEGITIVE way, seriously!

About 90 percent of the people I know have been behind bars a time or two, or three in their lives, whether it was for days or years. And out of those 90 percent, half allowed this sudden change in their life (going to jail) to take over their lives. Not realizing that they were actually ADVANTAGED! Yes, advantaged!

Everyone in life makes mistakes, but only some have clear signs of them. Getting locked up is like being hit in the head with a big ass bat the has "Stop" written all over it. (Unless you were convicted of something you 'actually' didn't do!) But even in uncontrollable cases it has meaning, and should be well thought about!

So what I am trying to say is that going to jail doesn't give you POINTS, doesn't make you hard! It's just a clearer image of how important you are in life, and how to go about things in a way to benefit you!

To those who have never been to jail, prison, monitored, or caged up, don't judge a book by it's cover. Because out of that 90 percent, the other 10 percent has done than there equal share of things, but haven't got caught. . .YET!!!

SingleWarrior 53M

7/22/2006 4:19 pm

Having worked Corections before, and having worked in a Youth home for troubled youth, all I can say is - You nailed it.

candylick3r 53M
4 posts
7/23/2006 7:40 am

Yes it can be an awakening experience, however it can also be one that limits you for the rest of your life. I was on the wrong track in my younger days and made some mistakes. It has been many years since I made those mistakes and there are alot of things that I cannot do like get an apartment or a job that I am well qualified for. By the grace of GOD I am blessed to have changed my life. I am finacially stable, have a home and a new lease on life, but to many of my brothers and sisters are not as fortunate. So I guess I am saying that yes it can be a life changing event in more ways than one. But you are right one should always take the positive approach and continuously better themselves.

_precious1_ 39F

7/24/2006 1:47 am

Candylick3r I can't say anything, but the right thing, and you are totally right! It does limit your life in so many ways. I myself have experienced this. I was a teacher before I was CAGED up, and it changed my life! When I got out I could only go back and teacher where I had been teaching for years because of the fact that they knew who I was inside. No one else would hire me because of the "trust" issue. Like me going to jail made me a dangerous person or something. I was, from that day labeled as. . .a criminal, and that hurt. I didn't want to try to explain to every more employers that I was really a good person, because I shouldn't have to! So I have 2 more semesters before I go to Law school! I promised myself that I would make more money than the person that arrested me, and so. . .if I live to make it 3 more years, I will! And the reason is not to make more money, but to prove to myself that I wasn't the criminal that they made me out to be, because. . . I'm PRECIOUS!

Become a member to create a blog