|Blogs > wickedeasy > wicked and that ain't so easy|
the quality of mercy.................
the quality of mercy.................
i find myself of late, wondering how i would survive a war if it happened here, in my country in my neighborhood. would i be able to keep on with living? would i be able to continue apace in the midst of such terror and turmoil.
i don't think i could. i am filled with a breathless dread as i watch the news of Israel and Lebanon, the capture of terrorists in Great Britain. i do not believe as i once did that i am safe here in my home.
i offer the following not as an indictment of Islam, but as an indictment of all of us. if we do not stand against such hatred, where do we as Americans, stand?
Speaking at a graduation ceremony in Haret Hreik, Nasrallah announced on October 22, 2002: "if they [Jews] all gather in Israel, it will save us the trouble of going after them worldwide." The New York Times qualifies this as "genocidal thinking", whereas the New York Sun likens it to the 1992 Hezbollah statement, which vowed, "It is an open war until the elimination of Israel and until the death of the last Jew on earth." ....... quoting Nasrallah ruling out "co-existence with" the Jews or "peace", as "they are a cancer which is liable to spread again at any moment." The Age quotes him like so: "There is no solution to the conflict in this region except with the disappearance of Israel."
In another interview with the Washington Post, Nasrallah said "I am against any reconciliation with Israel. I do not even recognize the presence of a state that is called "Israel." I consider its presence both unjust and unlawful. That is why if Lebanon concludes a peace agreement with Israel and brings that accord to the Parliament our deputies will reject it; Hezbollah refuses any conciliation with Israel in principle."
The scholar Amal Saad-Ghorayeb quotes Nasrallah describing his view of Jews: "If we searched the entire world for a person more cowardly, despicable, weak and feeble in psyche, mind, ideology and religion, we would not find anyone like the Jew."
where does such hatred come from? more importantly, where does such hatred lead us?
i remember someone once asked me if i had been given the chance to kill Hitler, knowing what he would become, would i do it. i would ask you the same question, but please do think carefully before you answer. because really, one man is one man, the power lies in the minds of those willing to follow that man.
You cannot conceive the many without the one.
8/11/2006 10:33 am
I personally would have been glad to kill Hitler. Yes, it is a life, but one that eradicated millions of other lives who were complete innocents. The problem we have with radical Islam is that they want to kill all non believers. This includes Muslims that don't agree with them, see Iraq with its present civil war.|
The natural state of human existence seems to always have some war gong on. We seem to have a need to feel superior to others. It might be economics, it might be religion. Whatever we do is superior and our moral code is better than their moral code. Although at this time in history, our moral code is better than theirs in that we don't believe in mass murder because of religious differences.
I might just have to make my own blog entry and expand on your thoughts. As usual, great post....Just remember, there are actually less genocidal murders today than at almost any other time in human history....The exception might be Africa which is a whole different story and getting absolutely no attention....Just a little effort to make the day more cheery. *grin*
8/11/2006 11:19 am
Once again - please - lets talk about something more cheery. Be positive - think positive!|
8/11/2006 2:53 pm
I don't think I would have trouble disposing of Hitler if I had the knowledge of the evil things he would do.|
This should scare us all... just thinking about what country or ethnic group might be next on a genocidal hit list scares the hell out of me...
Not all who wander are lost.
8/11/2006 7:43 pm
I once watched a sci fi show (Twilight zone I think?) that gave someone the chance to save JFK. Upon saving him, the world was thrown into a war which resulted in nuclear holocaust.....|
One never knows what might happen if history changes. If Hitler had been killed, would someone else have taken over and succeeded in his master plan?
I am in a unique position with this situation in that I was born and raised Jewish (although I no longer practice...whoever heard of a Jewish nympho after all!!! )
I was the butt of people's hatred throughout my childhood. I was told in elementary school that I was going to hell because I killed Jesus. Remembering that I was raised a Jew, the only thing I knew of Jesus at that age was it was the cuss word my dad said when he got mad!!!
My family is from Russia on my mom's side and Poland on my dad's. My mom's people were driven out of Russia and killed for being Jews. My dad's, any that remained in Poland were probably killed at Auschwitz.
But I cannot say I would kill Hitler. I cannot say I would kill Bin Laden. I can't say any of that. There's no way of knowing what would happen if you were to change history.
This shit is scary as hell, I agree. And if there is a war, I hope to be right underneath one that goes off. Death scares me less than life after the type of war that this would turn into if it comes to that.
And agreeing with Ana on the cheery thoughts thing.....but I won't hold her back either. I'd rather watch and help if it's needed!! -B
8/12/2006 10:52 am
Okay, so here's my 10-step solution to the Middle East:
1. Split Iraq into three countries, Kurds in the north, Sunnis in the middle, and Shiite in the south (the Bathists can go to Iran, or Syria).
2. Redeploy US troops to provide air support ONLY for the Kurdish border.
3. Remove all US troops from any predomonantly Arab country exclusive of Saudi Arabia (let's see if the Saudis give us a reach around for the ass fucking they gave W).
4. Relocate Isreal. This won't be easy, but we could "discover" a new version of the Tora that said Moses was supposed to part the Indian Ocean, but he refused to ask anyone for directions and parted the Red Sea by mistake. Then move everyone to western Australia. There are about 5 million Jews in Isreal, so the logistics wouldn't be easy, but we could offer them a stipend if they provide their own travel. They would have to leave their nuclear weapons behind. In order to help pay for this, the US would contract Mel Gibson to make a documentary of the exodus with all profits going to the relocation effort.
5. Relocate the UN to Haifa. This will provide all countries equal opportunity for "intelligence gathering" in the region and eliminate much of the need for syping on embassies and diplomats in the US. In addition, it will be a recognition that the US is not capable of diplomacy.
6. This is a tough one, but we've got to find some volunteers to take care of Bin Ladin, Kim Jung Il, and Ahmadinejad. These brave souls will spend the rest of their lives sucking and fucking these men until they die. Everytime one of them thinks about destroying the world, these women (or men if Kim Jung prefers) will immediately suck them off to a mind-blowing orgasm. When they go to push the button, they will provide an alternative amusement. It won't be easy, but I'm sure there are some married women on here who think their husband is worse and they'll jump at the opportunity. Who knows, maybe Bin Laden is into S&M and we'll all get a shot at expanding his sphincter.
6. Restore Palestine and all other Middle East borders to their pre-WW2 locations.
7. The UN will establish the Arab Coalition, headed by the Saudis, with equal power to the Security Council.
8. All Arab women will be required to shave their pussies and be educated in female sexual satisfaction AND expectations. Any woman refusing to do so will be sent to Western Australia to live in "New Isreal" or killed, whichever they prefer. (I know this is harsh, but we're talking world peace here.) Empower the Arab women and let them keep the men in line. (Pussy is a great pacifier.) If this is contrary to muslim tradition, tough shit. I'm sure Alah will understand that this is needed for the betterment of the entire world and not a single religion. Any Arab man who disobeys their wife or cannot satisfy her sexually will be killed. Sorry, no exceptions.
9. All religious holidays will be discontinued worldwide. No Christmas, Hannikah, Ramadan, Kwanzaa, nothing! You can celebrate them privately, but no reference to them in the media. The only exception will be in New Isreal where these holidays will be recognized with sale prices and extended shopping hours.
10. The use of natural crude oil will be eliminated in North/South America and Europe. Only renewable energy is allowed, preferrably corn oil to help the US farmer who's gotten fucked for the last 50 years.
While we're waiting for this, all Americans should vote Democrat until the corruption of the electoral process is eliminated. Who knows, maybe we'll get rid of the two party system and implement a minority party (the way they do in most progressive democracies).
I think that should do it, but if I forgot anything, let me know.