|Blogs > spikeryder > sex, uninverse & everything|
MY TOP 20, #21-30!
MY TOP 20, #21-30!
I knew this would happen..I just couldn't stop at 20, so here we go again.
21) Radiohead - Creep I by no means like everything that they do but i love this track and "No surprises". They are a band that i will always check out though because you just never know when they will put out a piece of inspired brilliance.
22) Buddy Holly - Everyday this song is simplicity itself but so fantastic. You couldn't add anything to improve it, it's musical perfection.
23) Procal Harem - Whiter shade of Pale I believe this was playing when i was in the womb, i can't remember not knowing this song it's been in my head eversince i can remember. It's almost like a part of me.
24) Bob Dylan - like a rolling stone I KNOW i said one entry per artist but this Bob Dylan, he is ALWAYS the exception to every rule. to quote the great man himself "..the pump don't work cos the vandle broke the handle!"
25) Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven I come from the same village as Eric Clapton. When his young son died, in that horrible accident, the village turned out for one of it's own as he brought his son Home to lay him to rest.
This is such a moving song i always pause when i hear it and still get a lump in my throat.
26) Adam and the Ants - Stand and Deliver! for a couple of years in the very early '80s these guys where the biggest thing in British music and this was their best track.
27) Jeff Wayne - WAR OF THE WORLDS this isn't actually one song but an album. A musical version of the H.G Wells classic featuring narration by Richard Burton. And vocals from Phil Lynott, David Essex, Julie Covington and Justin Hayward. Just a fantastic album.
28] Maria MacKea - Show me heaven first i'm sure i've spelt her name wrong so correct me if you know. I love her voice on this track it makes the hairs on my neck stand up. A great song from a so-so movie (often the way) I like her stuff with lone justice too.
29) Faithless - insomnia A true dance classic, so much modern dance music relies on samples and rehashes of old songs..this is the way it should be done. On a dance floor at 2am this will fill it, and you just get taken up in the magic of it.
30) ABC - The Look Of Love. Sauve, stylish music from my favorite new romantics, aided by Trevor Horns sweeping production.
I can't say that's it, I know i'll think of more..
maybe next time i'll do my BOTTOM 10,.. don't get me started on that ..1) Ashlee Simpson....!
9/17/2005 3:02 am
Mmmm... Spike... you and I would get along just fine!! War of the Worlds is just the best, and I always get goose-bumps on my arms when I hear it playing. |
I can see my Top Twenty list growing too...
PS. Thanks for the comment about the bra... glad you like them!
9/18/2005 3:10 am
helga_hansen how nice to see you here again. I'll pop in and have a look at your blog..I look forward to your TOP 20, i'll bet you'll have favorites i missed.|
I have a very keen interest in ladies underwear...especially it's contents