|Blogs > rm_gerson42 > Incriminating Evidence|
You Know You're From Mississippi When...
You've been to or know about the towns of: Hot Coffee, Whynot, Soso, Shuqualak, Okalona, and Noxapater.
When someone talks about The Flag, you know exactly what flag they're refering to.
In any given parking lot, every third car has a Flag bumpersticker.
Your neighbor (or yourself) has the Confederate battle flag in his yard and nothing else.
You eat coon hash.
You know where chittlins come from.
You know it's coke, not "pop", or "soda."
You know pop is a noise or an action (ie the coon popped out of his hole), not a soft drink.
You can tell, purely by accent, whether a person is from the Black Belt, the Red Clay Hills, the Piney Woods, or the Delta.
You know that the Delta is not the one below New Orleans.
Your church's attendance is reduced by half on opening day of bow season.
The preacher is not there on opening day of gun season.
The last time it snowed, you took fifteen photos and put some in your freezer for old time's sake.
A seven course meal is a bucket of KFC and a six-pack.
There is a trampoline in your neighbor's back yard.
Teenagers refer to the bus as the "cheese wagon," and refuse to ride it.
You only know five spices--salt, pepper, Ranch dressing, BBQ Sauce and hot sauce.
You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Mississippi.
4/29/2006 8:49 pm
I take issue with the "cheese wagon" comment....other than that? Holy hell....clearly written by a Missippian. My first wife was from the Delta, by the way.|
Now...want some interesting factoids?
1. The first Coke was actually bottled in Vicksburg.
2. Every bottle of Pine Sol in the world comes from Pearl, MS.
3. Muddy Waters, Son Thomas, BB King, and so many others came from our state. Oh, and then there's THE KING.
4. When I was a newspaperman in college part time, I actually covered high school football games where Steve McNair was the QB. A man among boys, I am not kidding you. Unbelievable....
5. I went to a college (graduated in 1990) where the girls had curfew and the men didn't. (Maybe I should have left that out, huh?)
4/30/2006 8:11 am
Hah! Thanks....I am forwarding this to my good friend's husband who is also from Mississipi....he will love it.|