|Blogs > rm_connor696 > life on the installment plan|
fifty things about me
fifty things about me
One of the blogs I look at rather regularly is by Saintlianna, who recently posted a list of fifty things about herself [post 83993]. I found her list so interesting that I thought I would try one of my own, especially since I tend to be cerebral rather confessional.
50. I'm anxious in groups of people I don't know.
49. I hate long nails.
48. When I was a kid, I slept with my socks on.
47. Breakfast is my favorite meal.
46. I wish I could speak French like a native.
45. I didn't really understand seasons until I was about fourteen (my family moved a lot).
44. I can't function without 71/2 hours of sleep.
43. I like perfume on women.
42. I often worry that I've wasted my life.
41. When I'm depressed, I watch too much TV, which makes me more depressed.
40. When I was a teenager, I often took massive quantities of LSD (like ten hits at a time) to see if I could deal with it.
39. I hate boxers, though I like boxer briefs.
38. I enjoy playing in a drum circle or singing harmony, neither of which I do very well.
37. Angry people upset me way too much.
36. Sometimes I wish I were retarded.
35. I read fantasy novels, but I'm a little embarrassed about it.
34. I ran away from home twice when I was a teenager.
33. I still love my ex wife.
32. Sometimes I watch movies on the Lifetime channel.
31. I never feel comfortable in baggy pants.
30. Wearing sandals freaks me out, a little.
29. Tossing a frisbee is my favorite athletic activity.
28. I sometimes eat like a pig when I'm alone.
27. I hate cops; I really, really hate them.
26. I can't fix cars, garage-door openers, appliances, or anything else like that.
25. I'm a sucker for terms of endearment, though I can't bring myself to use them.
24. I'm afraid that I'll never find a woman who can love me and with whom I can be myself.
23. I can eat an entire pizza all by myself (and not gain weight).
22. I have a secret stash of CDs by Celine Dion singing in French.
21. My father was an alcoholic and my mother was a doormat.
20. I get bored by people too easily.
19. I think suits are idiotic.
18. I love staying in hotels--the nicer, the better.
17. I was by a boy when I was nine.
16. I like to dance, but I think I embarrass my friends if they're with me.
15. I never think anything I do is good enough.
14. I'm glad hippies exist, though I could never be one.
13. I still like to smoke pot, though I don't do it so much any more.
12. I can spend a half-hour in the shower.
11. The ocean makes me happy, especially when the sunlight bounces off it.
10. I wish I weren't so impatient.
9. I'm not too shabby at table tennis.
8. People think I'm aloof, but really I'm shy.
7. I wish I could fuck like a porn star, but I can't.
6. I like being a foreigner, especially in Europe.
5. I'm hopeless with money.
4. I always think women are cooler than they are.
3. It grosses me out to think that anyone swims in Lake Michigan right by Chicago.
2. I tend to think there's something wrong with anyone who likes me.
1. I believe in real, true love.
9/4/2005 12:34 pm
Great list!! My kids are allowed to go into Lake Michigan up to their knees...... and that's it. |
We don't go often, trust me.
I've been thinking about doing a list myself but, not sure if I am brave enough yet.
9/4/2005 2:39 pm
conner - GREAT list! eat a whole pizza & never gain weight? *runs back to add 'I'm often a jealous bitch' to MY list |
9/5/2005 6:34 am
And if you've gotten this far, you should check out the list from SJ365, Expose Yourself|
SJ, aka "Doc"--now there's a shady sounding nickname!--should get the credit for starting this exercise. Mad props to her!
9/5/2005 9:59 pm
Do you believe in real, true love from experence or faith? I have never experienced the first and I am losing faith in the second.|
9/5/2005 10:15 pm
Thank you for mentioning me. My God, you are so brave and honest. I think I am going to go cry now.|
9/6/2005 11:10 am
Lianna-: Oh, great--now I'm making girls cry!|
As for real, true love, yes, I've experienced something very close. And for the rest of the way, well, I see the path, what you need to do to get there. In this I hope I'm luckier than Moses, allowed to see the promised land but not allowed to enter it.
And brave? Maybe. Or maybe just tired of hiding, or fed up with fear, or so bereft that I don't see what else I can lose. But yeah, maybe getting braver. Thanks for the kind words.
9/7/2005 9:20 am
wow, connor I just noticed the picture below. Like I said, holy shit!!! Thats good. If tv makes you depressed try watching Family Guy.|
10/10/2005 11:40 pm
Why do you think I'm a pseudohippie? |
I need to remember to view your blog more frequently.