|Blogs > rm_connor696 > life on the installment plan|
The back fifty
The back fifty
I decided to finish up that 100 things about me stuff because otherwise I have to figure out hard things like consciousness and emotion. (Of course, I too am a hard thing--at least occasionally--but I don't suppose a stinkin' list is going to allow anyone, including myself, to figure ME out.) Anyway.
100. If I had to do it again, I would.
99. If I had to do it again, I would play bass--because friends don't let friends play reed instruments.
98. I'd rather use my middle name, but it was my father's, and I didn't much care for the guy.
97. Although a vegetarian, I eat quite unhealthy food.
96. I drink alone about once a week.
95. The first few times I had sex were pretty much disasters.
94. I've worn black almost exclusively for the last five years.
93. Dogs, yes; cats, not so much.
92. Deep Purple was my first favorite band.
91. I no longer have a favorite band.
90. In my opinion, hardly anyone deserves authority.
89. When I was fourteen I read Crime and Punishment in two days over Christmas break.
88. I'm almost constitutionally unable to ask people do do things or spend time with me.
87. Sailboats rock!
86. So do kites.
85. I try to hide my competitiveness by not competing.
84. My all-time favorite writer is Thomas Pynchon.
83. My all-time favorite book is Gravity's Rainbow.
82. I was (am?) an Eagle Scout and embarrassingly remain somewhat proud of that.
81. I'm way too thin to enjoy sleeping on the ground without at least an air mattress.
80. I'm soooo tired of thinking about my ex.
79. I still have adolescent rock 'n' roll fantasies.
78. I recently abandoned a long career in the one activity at which I know for sure I excel.
77. Football, yes; baseball, not so much.
76. I would immigrate to Europe in a heartbeat if they would only let me in.
75. Procrastination is a long-time friend.
74. I only recently started using the cold-water option when I do laundry.
73. I actually found myself getting a little hard the last time I stumbled across Morticia in a rerun of the old Addam's Family television show.
72. One hundred things strikes me as a bit vain.
72. I have a thing for cool hair, especially long curly/kinky/frizzy sorts.
71. I'm not accepting the aging process all that gracefully.
70. I dance like a gay boy in the 1970s (but hey, there are worse looks).
69. I'm not all that fond of 69.
68. I should be doing something more constructive than writing this list.
67. After the last election I applied to France for refugee status.
66. I own only three ties.
65. The last woman with whom I messed around was married, and I still feel guilty, over nine months later.
64. The last novel I read was The Three Musketeers.
63. The last non-novel I read was The Problem of Consciousness, by Colin McGinn.
62. I liked the novel better.
61. All my life I've dreamed of indolence on a South Sea Island.
60. Only a few memories remain of my years before about nine.
59. I luuuuv trashy movies.
58. I'm hypercritical of good movies (though there are more than a few that pass muster).
57. I've blushed only twice in my life.
56. One time was when a friend "caught" me reading D. H. Lawrence (Sons and Lovers).
55. When I watch porn, I end up fast-forwarding through about 95%--especially the close-ups.
54. My voice sounds like a sixteen-year-old's on the phone.
55. I'll never do one of these #*$ lists again.
53. Isn't the term "unmentionable" a self-contradiction? (Okay, that's not a "thing about me," but my asking says something about me, doesn't it?)
52. I almost never wear underwear.
51. It's a good thing I did the other fifty first, cuz otherwise I'd be just half-done (not to be confused with half-baked--I assure you, when I am baked, I am well and truly baked).
9/27/2005 1:37 am
Connor, do you secretly love the movie "Showgirls"?|
9/27/2005 6:02 am
I might--I've never seen it. I was actually thining of Roadhouse. |
9/27/2005 6:19 am
Boy Scouts Rock!!!!!|
Don't like 69 much either, I like to concentrate on one activity at a time(not to say that I can't walk and chew gum)
9/27/2005 9:13 am
I bet you would it's AWFULLY entertaining.|
9/27/2005 9:27 pm
55. I'll never do one of these #*$ lists again. |
10/1/2005 3:17 pm
You know, when I was a vegetarian, I was thrilled when Nabisco stopped using lard and/or animal fat for the shortening in Oreos. They became a food group for me.|
Now, have you gotten around to seeing "Sextette" yet? Trashy and bad.
9/19/2008 3:21 pm
Im sure you would love telenovelas too.|
Gata salvaje is so bad its good.