posts 7/15/2006 9:06 am
7/30/2006 1:40 pm
LONDON (Reuters) - Women going on boozy nights out have been warned by police to "wear nice pants" in case they fall down drunk in the street.
A Suffolk police safety campaign magazine shows pictures of young women slumped on the ground next to messages urging them: "If you've got it, don't flaunt it."
"If you fall over or pass out, remember your skirt or dress may ride up," the magazine says. "You could show off more than you intended -- for all our sakes, please make sure you're wearing nice pants and that you've recently had a wax."
Readers are also told to stick with friends, book a taxi home and watch the amount they drink.
Police said the Safe! magazine's gossipy, tongue-in-cheek style was designed to alert young women to the dangers they could face if they get drunk during a night out.
"We need to raise their awareness of potential problems," said Chief Superintendent David McDonnell. "They become more vulnerable whilst under the influence of alcohol."
This got me thinking about advice my mother always gave me. A few still come readily to mind:
What other motherly advice can you remember receiving, or giving?
- Always change your underwear; you never know when you'll have an accident.
- Don't swim for an hour after lunch. You'll cramp up and drown.
- Turn off the light when you leave a room. We don't own stock in the power company.
- Don't make that face or it'll freeze in that position.
- Be careful or you'll put your eye out.
- What if everyone jumped off the Empire State Building? Would you do it, too?
- Close that door! Were you born in a barn?
- If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
- Don't put that in your mouth; you don't know where it's been!
♠♥ Boomer ♦♣
7/15/2006 9:45 am
My mothers favorite: |
"Dont shit where ya eat"
posts7/15/2006 9:50 am
Our mothers must be twins. |
*Eat everything on your plate. There are children in Ethiopia who would LOVE to have that to eat. I used to say...well, here, let's send it to them then.
*If I've told you once, I've told you a million times...We are NOT made of money. OR money doesn't grow on trees, ya know.
*Keep your legs together when you're wearing a dress. Do you want everyone to see your panties?[/COLOR] One piece of advice I NEVER pay heed to nowadays.
posts7/16/2006 6:55 am
Love the new blog title, Mr. Sharif.|
7/16/2006 5:45 pm
Its more important to give than receive.|
treat people like you would like them to treat you
and all the ones you mentioned.
never under estimate me. I have eyes in the back of my head.