|Blogs > rm_athina1957 > "WITHIN MY PERISCOPE..."|
H A P P Y L A B O U R D A Y ! ! !
H A P P Y L A B O U R D A Y ! ! !
"H U M O U R M A T T E R S"
Everything I Need to Know I Learned in Corporate America :
1. Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2. You can't tell which way the train went by looking at the track.
3. There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.
4. Happiness is merely the remission of pain.
5. Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
6. Sometimes too much to drink is not enough.
7. The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
8. The careful application of terror is also a form of communication.
9. Someone who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the real world.
10. Things are more like they are today than they ever were before.
11. Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
12. Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
13. Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.
14. I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.
15. Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism.
16. If you think there is good in everybody, you haven't met everybody.
17. All things being equal, fat people use more soap.
18. If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.
19. One seventh of your life is spent on Monday.
20. By the time you make ends meet, they move the ends.
21. Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
22. The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets.
23. There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
24. This is as bad as it can get, but don't count on it.
25. Never wrestle a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.
26. The trouble with life is, you're halfway through it before you realize
it's a do-it-yourself thing.
27. Youth and skill are no match for experience and treachery.
28. No amount of advance planning will ever replace dumb luck.
29. Anything you do can get you fired; this includes doing nothing.
30. Money can't buy happiness; it can, however, rent it.
31. Never pass a snow plow on the right.
***LABOUR DAY is a United States federal holiday that takes place on the first Monday of September, WHICH IS TODAY...
The September date has remained unchanged, even though the government was encouraged to adopt May 1 as Labor Day, the date celebrated by the majority of the world. Moving the holiday, in addition to breaking with tradition, could have been viewed as aligning the U.S. labor movements with internationalist sympathies.
WHAT TRULY IS LABOUR DAY TO YOU PEEPZ???
LETZ ALL SHARE ALIVENESS !!!
9/4/2006 11:24 am
Labor day to me? Just another day... one down many more to go! Thanks for stopping by my blog... it's always nice to see new faces there |
9/4/2006 11:54 am
that sheep really looked interesting... it brought down the house for me! you are very creative... thank you for sharing ...|
9/10/2006 2:53 am
Yup that tickled the funny bone, coz there so true, may nick this an all|
Why call it labour day when no one working
Ps. All i did was blink and yer set up a blog and its a mile long!
9/10/2006 5:59 am
Hmmmm...I'm a fast worker, right?... & of course, so you can have a comfy place to visit? |
I'll also get a private chatroom so all of you friends can chat with me... I'll let you in on this as soon as i set it up...
take good care, friend!
9/10/2006 9:57 am
You know that hug smily, i always thought someone was sticking fishes in there ears?|
9/11/2006 2:36 am
ROTFL! Oh "Best Brian"---you never fail to make me laugh out loud!;}|
HUGZ with fishes in my ears