|Blogs > frogger1995 > My New & Less Bitter Alter Ego|
Frogger, Who the Hell Do You Think You Are
Frogger, Who the Hell Do You Think You Are
Ok, I am over my funk. I have brushed my shoulders off and am ready to move on. I have no intention of getting paid for anything I do on this site. I enjoy the company of men and JDavidGoetz is right, I would feel lousy if I got paid for it.
But the question remains, why should anyone respect me? Because I am normal; I have my share of both flaws and merits. I am mind-numbingly normal in some ways and in other ways I am scarily quirky. I am just like you and everyone else but I am also like no one else on earth.
So here is my list. Come on! You knew this was coming. Everyone who writes a blog has to have THE LIST. Five_speed has done it, 100 things about Five-Speed. So has sj365 , Expose Yourself. So here is mine. Plus I am especially vain and conceited .
So who the hell am I?
1. I would rather read the book than watch the movie
2. I love to sew
3. I am definitely a Type B Personality
4. I voted for Nader in the first election
5. I sucked my thumb until I was 9
6. I painted my bedroom Scented Valentine (pink) and my living room, Summer Gold (yellow)
7. I prefer giving the silent treatment to screaming and shouting (frankly, I consider it harsher punishment)
8. I would pay to have Pinky and the Brain and the Smurfs put back on the air
9. I love wearing long earrings, and have pretty much reached collector status with regards to them
10. I prefer silver to gold
11. I like cheap fruity wine and wine coolers
12. I am pretty messy
13. I can achieve orgasm through mental stimulation alone
14. I hate men in sandals (not the men themselves, just the sandals on them)
15. I sing in the shower and eat in bed
16. I drink way too much coffee, but am trying to wean myself off of it
17. I am anal about being on time, for myself and others
18. I was a section editor on the school newspaper in High School
19. I was an atheist until my senior year of college
20. I hate roller coasters that go straight down but love the ones that twist and turn
21. I can’t dance
22. I have one younger sister who has based her life on mimicking me (at least intellectually)
23. I worry too much
24. My gerbils are named Pinko and Lefty
25. I have thrice been picked up by strangers over the phone (I have a great phone voice)
26. I find smoking a turn off
27. I look find the most attractive parts of a man to be his hands and shoulders
28. I honestly don’t get the appeal of NASCAR
29. I am anal about saving money
30. I wake up to NPR in the morning
31. I am allergic to velvet
32. I have been a Sagehen, a Trojan, and a Husky (you figure it out)
33. I have trouble pronouncing the word roar
34. I believe in heaven but not hell
35. I love Bailey’s Irish Cream with milk
36. I don’t mind baldness or beer bellies
37. I do mind patronization and rudeness
38. I hate sushi (except for California and Philadelphia rolls, but they don’t count)
39. I have only been out of the country once, to Vancouver (which really doesn’t count)
40. If I could visit one country it would be Brazil (might finally happen in the next couple of years!)
41. I have five peircings (don’t get too excited) and no tattoos (unfortunately)
42. I took auto shop in high school and my auto shop teacher had a crush on me
43. I still have my tonsils and appendix
44. I wore braces in junior high but my teeth are still crooked
45. I prefer tulips to roses
46. My first kiss was from a woman
47. My mother is my best friend
48. My favorite candy is Rum Nougat by Sees
49. If I get married I want to elope to Las Vegas and have a cheesy theme wedding
50. I have three scars that are larger than a centimeter
51. I am a morning person
52. I am a die hard feminist but still think a man should hold the door open and pay on the first date
53. I have replaced a garbage disposal three times
54. I hate stupid drivers and road bullies, though I have been both at times
55. I refused to wear anything but dresses until I was 6 years old
56. I hated to wear anything but pants until I was 27 (but occasionally gave in)
57. I hate my legs and shaving them
58. I have no nicknames
59. I have a habit of shortening guys names to one syllable (e.g. Gregory = Greg)
60. I was raised on Roman Meal bread and so will my children (no white bread for me thank you!)
61. I still don’t know how to play poker
62. I don’t know how to whistle
63. I believe in gay marriage
64. I think earthquakes are fun but tornados scare the shit out of me
65. I love watching cartoons
66. I hate spiders but love snakes
67. I used to collect frogs and now my family inundates me with them
68. I say “like” and “you know” too much (I am indeed a valley girl)
69. I can’t wait to have kids, if only to make Christmas fun again
70. I often take things personally but am not easily offended (seems like a contradiction but there is a distinction)
71. I am not touchy-feely but don’t mind if others are
72. I hated chocolate ice cream and cheesecake until I was an adult
73. I once purposely scared my parents to death by intentionally getting lost on a trip to New York
74. I didn’t date, drink, or go to parties until I got to college, then I went pretty wild
75. I love shoes and buy too many, but I always shop cheap (usu. Target or Payless)
76. I usually wear glasses
77. I find baseball intolerably boring
78. I love going for very long walks when the weather is right
79. My favorite beers are Heineken and Corona
80. Unless I have no choice I base my shopping choices on political and social considerations (no Coke or Wal-Mart for me!)
81. I couldn’t stand spicy food until my Latina girlfriend forced me to, now I put Tabasco sauce and jalapeños on everything
82. I have twice seriously considered breast reduction, not for health or comfort but for purely aesthetic reasons
83. Unless I am dead thirsty, I hate drinking water
84. I never put sugar on my cereal
85. I can’t wait for the current fixation with Japanese animation to be over
86. I watch 60 minutes religiously
87. I can only sleep in total darkness
88. I hated the rain until I lived in Seattle for a year, now I love it
89. I prefer cool weather wear to warm weather wear
90. I am not a good cook but have occasional spurts of genius
91. I think Eleanor Roosevelt was the greatest First Lady of our country
92. I am not allergic to anything
93. The only relative of mine who has died was my grandfather, at the age of 94.
94. I have one sister, 2 parents, 3 grandparents, 7 aunts and uncles (by blood), and 17 cousins.
95. I was on the Dean’s list in high school and college
96. I think Andrew Jackson should be removed from the 20 dollar bill, the guy was an asshole
97. I talk to myself quite often
98. I currently have an IUD, but I didn’t get it for birth control purposes
99. I get very excited about new plans and ideas, but have trouble following through till the end
100. I love this newfangled concept, blogging
So there you have it. You probably found at least one thing that makes you similar to me. I will give you guys a while to ponder this and decide if I am someone who deserves respect…or if you ever want to read my blog again
9/7/2005 7:01 am
Yes you deserve respect. Just because someone is different or similar, doesn't mean that respect shouldn't be reciprocated. This list just shows your makeup. Some of those things are not on my list, but as the old saying goes, "that's what makes the world go 'round". I know this guy sees you as a very interesting person and enjoys your thoughts. And yes the pics are great too! I look forward to more of both|
9/7/2005 8:56 am
We had a chance until the baseball thing, line item #77. Too bad, everything else seemed to be just fine or near perfect |
9/7/2005 9:05 am
i think you are adorable, and smart, and simply a nice girl. course i am a woman so i have x-ray vision! keep up the self respect, it's the most important|
9/7/2005 10:10 am
I have nothing but the utmost respect for someone like you. I don't care if a woman tells me to fuck off and die, as long as she's honest about it. I'm honest to a fault (won't go into details here), and I respect and admire your stark realism about the world.|
Just for fun, here's where I stand with your list. I'll only list the disagreements, so you don't have to scroll down as far.
1. I have a film degree, so that's a pretty good indicator of where I stand.
2. I've learned to sew, but have found no real use for it, so there can be no love or hate.
3. I don't know what a Type B personality is.
4. I agreed with Nader more, but realised he had no chance of winning
5. I sucked my thumb until I was 10, then I cut it on a tin can. Hard to suck on a bandage.
6. Unless it's really an eyesore, I don't care what the color of a room is.
9. I have no piercings, but I like girls with nice earrings
11. I just like wine, no matter what the variety, straight, fruity, cooler, sangria, all good
16. I never developed a taste for coffee.
22. I have one younger sister who has based her life on tormenting me
24. I have no gerbils, though I like the names. Perhaps my kids someday? Nah.
25. I have thrice been picked up by strangers in the street. Literally lifted off my feet.
27. I find the most attractive parts of a woman to be her eyes and breasts.
30. I wake up to classic rock in the morning
32. I don't know what a Sagehen is, but I assume the other two are USC and Washington. Me? Syracuse OrangeMAN (I hate that they made the name gender neutral last year) all the way.
39. I've been to Ireland for school, and Scotland for my last girlfriend. And the Bahamas for a family friend's wedding when I was 7, but I don't remember much of that.
41. Again, no piercings, but am planning on getting a tattoo over my left shoulder. (A sword, with blood on tip, with ribbon wrapped around twice, saying "Live by it," "Die by it.")
44. I could never afford braces, but thankfully, my teeth are fairly straight.
48. I'll have to try those, never heard of them.
50. I have one scar
51. I am definitely not a morning person
52. I am a firm believer that the only difference between dating and prostitution is that with prostitution, you get the sex you paid for.
55. I refused to wear jeans until I was 12 years old
56. I wear jeans and t-shirts whenever possible now
58. I have several nicknames
60. I don't know what Roman Meal bread is
61. I'm just learning how to play poker
62. Make an O with your mouth, blow. A sound will come out, then try to narrow the O. It takes some time.
66. I tolerate spiders but dread snakes
67. I have a mortal fear of frogs (I'll explain later if you like).
75. I have 4 pairs of shoes, all with a specific function
76. I usually wear sunglasses
77. I find baseball intolerably boring to watch, but I love to play.
79. My favorite beers are Guinness and Sam Adams
82. Your breasts are beautiful, please don't ever change them.
87. I tend to sleep with my computer on, running a cartoon or something, so I can listen to it, and prevent my mind from wandering, keeping me awake.
88. I hated the rain until I lived in Upstate NY for a year, now I love it (especially when the other choice is snow or 90% humidity at 90+ degrees)
90. I am a good cook
92. I have standard alleries (pollen, cat hair, penicillan)
93. I've lost my great-grandfather (1989, age 80), great-grandmother (1999, age 86), and my grandmother (2001, age 69)
94. I have one sister, 2 parents, and a bunch of other relatives I don't talk to.
98. I don't know what an IUD is, but I assume it's a birth control device.
9/7/2005 3:05 pm
Ya know...I read through this...and true I found many things similar...Most impressing was...YOU ACTUALLY VIEWED my profile...being as popular as you are that left a warm feeling inside. I try to view everyone that checks out my blog...and look and respond to theirs when I have something to say...a respect this you could say. You are a beautiful woman for sure and whoa is me to try to seduce you through a blog. Keep on Blogging Frogger...count me in as a faithful viewer. I value friends (cause true ones are hard to come by)...Lovers...well I can find one of those tonight....one that can be both...that's odds Even Vegas won't touch. Blog Miss Frogger!|
9/7/2005 5:48 pm
Bigman: As always...you have lit up my day.|
FriendlyTickler: OK, how's this, I enjoy going to baseball games...but only for the hot dogs and beer
your_gypsy: Thank you for the compliment. The feeling is quite mutual
travelingintexas: 1)You would be surprised how many guys are opposed to that, you would think they'd be thrilled at avoiding all the fru-fruness of a full blown wedding. 2) Finally some one else agrees with me! 3) You are obviously very enlightened.
WildWon1982: Ok, that one deserves it's own post.
9/7/2005 5:48 pm
OK WildWon1982 Here goes.|
1. OK, but with a film degree even you have to admit that most of the books that are turned into movies are crap, no?
2. There is very little use for it, in this day of Wal-mart and Target, where you can just “buy a new one” But it is fun for me
3. The opposite of someone like Tony Roberts. I am not a perfectionist and tend to be more cautious. We rarely die of heart attacks
4. I did make sure that my state at the time (CA) was voting for Gore before throwing my vote away…silly me thinking I could change the two-party system
5. I stopped voluntarily. Big girls don’t suck thumbs
6. I figured since I live alone I should do what I want before some meddling husband comes along to disagree
9. I appreciate a man who appreciates nice earrings
11. Me too!
16. For this alone, you’ll probably outlive me
22. My sister has a habit of doing the same thing
24. I thought about naming my kids as such, but thought it unwise if I was to remain in a red state
25. Picked up physically…only in a loving way for me.
27. As for women, I find I am usually eyeing either their legs or that curve from behind where their waist turns into their hips, I appreciate a good waist to hip ratio
30. I listen to classic rock in the shower
32. Sagehen = Pomona College. Correct on the other two. What are they now OrangePeople? I have to admit that even I, as a die hard feminist think that is weird
39. Still more than me
41.I’ve always thought about getting a tattoo on that area above the Butt that says “Ex LIbris”
44. Yeah, my parents spoiled me.
48. They are YUMMY. Go to your local Epicurean Market
51. Most people aren’t. But you know the saying, the early bird….
52. Sigh! When will men ever learn
55. I actually never wore jeans until my teens
56. I prefer a T-shirt and stretch pants. I think I have kick ass thighs
58. Such as…?
60. It’s a type of wheat bread…but I’m pretty sure it’s white bread with brown coloring and grains thrown in…whatever. Its still yummy
61. Maybe one day you’ll teach me
62. Tried it more times than you can imagine…no luck. I think it’s genetic
66. snakes are beautiful…maybe it’s the Eve in me
67. OK… tolerates spiders but is afraid of frogs!!!!
75. Typical male
76. I find that a lot with men
77. Find both playing and watching intolerably boring
79. Sam Adams is OK
82. Thank you very much
87. I do tend to fall asleep to TV but eventually have to turn it off because the flickering bothers me
88. Just like me…I hate the humidity as well
90. Maybe one day you can teach me…though I think you either have it or you don’t.
92. Sounds like a lot to me
93. All of my great-grands were dead before I was born…so I guess that doesn’t count.
94. Sounds like me!
98. Yes, intrauterine Device. Inserted you-know-where. Painful going in (and I imagine coming out) but WELL worth it.
9/7/2005 5:56 pm
you're amazing. thanks for posting on my blog recently. I love your list. I'm going to work on mine now. Who could not respect you?|
9/7/2005 8:40 pm
A very detailed, scientific presentation.|
It certainly proves you deserve a lot of
respect - but you knew that already, I am
sure! You have also proved that common
features exist between any two people!
9/7/2005 8:59 pm
gent_tx_05: Just so you know, I don't go around viewing every guy's profile...only the one's that seem interesting. And don't be offended that I didn't wink or add you to the hot list...I don't beleive in those things.|
Evalouise2: I always post to blogs that I find interesting. And what I said was absoluetly true. Hope it made you feel a little better.
9/7/2005 9:23 pm
hello frogger. I'm sorry it's taken me a few days to get over this way. I love your list, and you're right, we have a few things in common. while we are paying to get cartoons back on the air, d you think we could get Ren an Stimpy put back on? I'd buy a TV again if I thought I could see Ren and Stimpy.|
On a more serious note, You deserve respect as much as anyone else on earth does. As long as you are true to yourself and do not intentionally bring pain or chaos into the world, you are more deserving of respect than many people. I don't know you at all beyond the 100 things I just read, but you seem like a decent human being to me so far.
9/7/2005 9:29 pm
You love jalapenos and hate baseball? Forget the rest: how could I not fall for you just on the basis of that?! |
Seriously, though, you're worthy of respect no matter what 100 things you put down ... nice to know more about you though
9/7/2005 9:57 pm
I got bored with you after the #5.|
9/7/2005 10:12 pm
frogger - you are an incredible woman. Thanks for sharing!|
9/7/2005 10:48 pm
Bored with her after # 5 ? We can see from your picture how long your attention span really is !!! You obviously know very little about respect also !!! Frogger, I love your blog, I'm not sure I could even come up with 100 things to say about myself !!! You have my respect !!! Peace !!! Cabo !!!|
9/8/2005 1:04 am
You are a wonderful woman and I thank you for sharing so much with us.|
On a lighter note, please don't have your breasts reduced!
(vast crowd of guys joins in in accord)...
PS: I do have a question though- not to be picky, but in #31 you say you 're allergic to velvet and in #92 that you have no allergies...Care to clarify that?
9/8/2005 2:54 am
five_speed: I'm just honored you actually read my stuff. Ren and Stimpy...as long as they tone it down with the bodily fluids|
TheQuietGuy2005: Finally, a man who doesn't bop me over the head for not liking baseball!
FY1955: I know you are still upset about the politics thing on the other post. At least I had the decency not to make personal attacks...or take it out on someone's own blog. Is this how you guys play?
SJ365: I loved your list...you were my inspiration
9/8/2005 4:16 am
I dont have a 100 thoughts let alone a 100 things I could say about myself.|
All I can say is I am not normal... thank goodness.
Who wants to be normal...
9/8/2005 5:07 am
salut je te trouve attirante seduisante et tres exitante j'adore fairez le sexe chaq jour mais avec amour et conscience je crois q ma grosse queue te convient tres bien biz|
9/9/2005 1:45 am
Oh, you used to play in my backyard (UW) and I missed you! I might have been able to save you from joining the insanity (#19). Overall, a few matches (1, 9 (on the girl!) thru 12, 16, 23, 26, 28, 30, 37, 43, 46, 50, 54, 63, 65, 76, 78, 95, 97, 99, & 100) or 23% and a few opposites (2, 13 (I WISH), 17, 33, 38, 51, 61, 62, 85, and 92). So, 23% compatible and 10% uncompatible leaving 67% indifferent or N/A.|
On the baseball thing, I find it totally boaring to watch on T.V., but enjoy going to games or playing. Go fig.
Other stuff: with you on Pinky and the Brain but indifferent to Smurfs. I was the photographer for the school paper not an editor. Haven't seen your legs, but would enjoy shaving them...
Hey, wait a minute! You say "31. I am allergic to velvet" then later "92. I am not allergic to anything". Now am I supposed to believe any you say?
9/9/2005 5:47 am
Balanon2 - she's got a JD, of course she's going to contradict herself.|
9/9/2005 7:18 am
I agree that baseball is a very boring sport. I like action. I would say you are a remarkable person.|
9/9/2005 10:02 am
Balanon2: You caught me. Actually I am not allergic to velvet. I just don't like the feel...for some reason it makes my lungs constrict or something...maybe that is an allergic reaction...I don't know.|
9/9/2005 3:19 pm
Read your post:|
As a fellow Trojan, class of 90, Fight On.
I think you are incredibly intelligent
9/10/2005 9:36 am
As a standard member, I can not send email. Can you please invite me to your network?
11/20/2005 1:36 pm
I can't believe in how many things we agree on or are alike on. I just keep finding you more and more interesting. You are absolutely amazing. You've got to be the only one in a million!! I really enjoy reading your views on just about everything. Wow, are you ever incredible!!!|
12/21/2005 9:57 am
i like your glasses....but i think i like your sexy lips better, great pic!|
4/26/2006 5:27 am
for some reason i remember half of ur list already, no im not crazy, im just that interested in ur blog.... i mean look at how early i posted this comment...|