Something else to shorten my life......  

ffjon69 47M
73 posts
7/25/2006 8:11 pm

Last Read:
7/29/2006 11:19 am

Something else to shorten my life......

So..... We get a call this morning for a black, liquid substance leaking through a concrete ceiling. Well, I get there and go in. I'm not on a respirator because its an area packed with patients.

Well, 15 minutes later its radio'd down by the crew upstairs that there is an ongoing asbestos abatement going on up stairs and the solvent has leaked through and that is what we are in. WTF????

I just shortened my life by a year or two for this shit and that is a year or two less my bosses have to pay my pension. Damn!!!! Outsmarted ! And its hard to find me with my guard down.....

Oh well.... Next run please.


QueenOfSwords 34F

7/25/2006 8:51 pm

Thats too scary. You need a new job

red_hot_trucker 58F

7/26/2006 1:50 am

I just now entered another post, and then had to think about 'abatement' from real estate class,,,

Don't they have to inform the city when they are going to be clearing asbestos? Like get permits, remove unnecessary personel, you know, proper procedure for something as dangerous? Ok, I'm getting out my HAZMAT book,,,ok, it's a class 9, but you said it was a black liquid, right, not in dust form?

Somebody, duh, didn't follow proper procedure,,,Ok, how long did you breath it? But,still I'm thinking it wasn't dust, so it maybe wasn't AS dangerous, maybe? Now, this is an uneducated, only looking up what I have in my ERG guess.

[post 1785076]

ffjon69 replies on 7/26/2006 10:55 am:
The black stuff leaking through the floor was the solvent used for cleaning and was contaminated with asbestos particles. Since it is in liquid form it is not as hazardous because it is not airbourne but still has to be discarded the same way as if it were all asbestos.

Didnt breath it that long so I'm not really worried. My cooking is probably more of a hazard.

rm_cru1972 44M
4407 posts
7/28/2006 10:24 pm

The first thing that came to my mind was BSI and Is the scene safe?

Hope it really was and you didn't get too much exposure

Become a member to create a blog