|Blogs > bipolybabe > Bi-Poly-Babe|
Tantra-Slut Lesson #9 : Daily Practice
Tantra-Slut Lesson #9 : Daily Practice
For previous Tantra-Slut Lessons, see below or search "Tantra" in the search box above.
There are several reasons for practicing Tantric sex, with a partner and/or solo, including:
* Building a bond that can sustain a couple during difficult times
* Assuring that sex doesn't fall to the wayside in long-term relationships
* Increasing one's individual sexual energy, power and access to ecstasy.
To make those things available, it is necessary to practice what my Tantra coach calls "daily devotionals," a daily practice of sex once or twice a day for 10-15 minutes. (It's also called devotional because Tantra is a discipline that combines spirituality and sexuality. Your body is your temple. That's a religion I could join!)
My coach likens it to eating oatmeal: not the sexiest breakfast in the world, but hearty, nurturing and keeps the system moving, so to speak.
Now, by "sex," I don't mean full-on intercourse arrving at ecstatic orgasms once or twice a day. More power to you if you can do that twice a day, (most men over 20 will become depleted of energy if they ejaculate that often) but sex researcher Shere Hite said we need a new word for sex, one that can mean anything sitting close to one another, to deep kissing to rockin & rollin.
So, here are some ways to practice daily "sex" solo or with your Beloved:
* Sitting in yabyum (described in detail here: Tantra-Slut Lesson #1: Starting in "Yabyum"), breathing together and visualizing the harmony of the energy chakras between the partners and/or speaking out loud appreciation for the Beloved.
* Modified yabyum with the man on his back and the woman on top with or without penetration, but the trick is you don't move. Just contract your PC muscles (describe here: Keys to Increasing Orgasmic Energy) and visualize the circulation of energy between you.
* Chanting together (or solo) while seated in the lotus position "Lom, Vom, Ram, Yom, Ham, Om, Om" while visualizing the energy flow throughout the body.
* Sing a song.
* Dance together.
* Share a poem.
* See, smell, taste and feel the genitals of the Beloved.
* Chant "Lom" or "Vom" with your mouth at the base (anus) or second (genital) chakra to wake up the energy.
* Heart salutation with one hand on Beloved's heart. Visualize sending energy to the Beloved's heart.
Imagine what a great place the world would be if everyone got that kind of start to the day and had that to look forward to at the end of the day! Clearly, there are many things in the list above that one can do to practice "the joy of self loving" and keep one's own seuxal energy high.
It is recommended that the daily devotional take place soon after both parties get home rather than just before you climb into bed to sleep, because the energy for connection will likely be higher earlier rather than later.
Finally, it is better to do a one or three-minute devotional and do it well, being fully present, than it is to skip it or do it badly because one is preoccupied with "things to do."
(c) 2006 AskAphrodite aka BiPolyBabe
For more on Tantra, see:
What is Tantra? What's a Tantra-Slut?
Tantra-Slut Reveals All , Tantra-Slut Lesson #1: Starting in "Yabyum" , Tantra-Slut Lesson #2: Sound Builds Sexual Energy , Tantra-Slut Lesson #3: G-spot Massage , Tantra-Slut Lesson #4: The Value of Ritual, Tantra-Slut Lesson #5: Anal Play, Tantra-Slut Lesson #6 : Oral Sex for Him aka Fellatio, Tantra-Slut Lesson #6 : Oral Sex for Her aka Cunnilingus, Keys to Increasing Orgasmic Energy, [post 341430], Tantra-Slut Lesson #8 : Energy & Conscious Touch
Check out my blog Bi-Poly-Babe for more sensual, sexual pleasure!
5/23/2006 9:53 am
I'm very glad to have found your blog. I appreciate your sharing what you know. Thank you!|
Yup...this juiciness is from me....