|Blogs > berrigal2 > The Berri Patch|
A # of things about myself....
A # of things about myself....
I borrowed this blog idea from several other people..so here goes:
1. I am an only child.
2. I only had one child making her an only child too.
3. I have been married twice.
4. I married the first guy I ever took home to Mom and Dad the first time, and married a guy they had never met the second time.
5. I have lived in 3 states, Kentucky, Indiana, and Georgia.
6. I love to organize things, sorta comes with the OCD factor..lol
7. I am from Scottish background on my Mom's side and German/English on my Dad's. A true melting pot of a gal.
8. My favorite color is purple.
9. I laugh a lot, and I blush easily.
10. I love to tease and joke, but I find it easier to joke around men, women take things too seriously I think.
11. I love to read, romantic books that take place in Scotland are my favorite. I like self-help books too....gawd knows I need them!
12. I have battled with my weight since I was a teenager. The weight always seems to win, but we fight the war nevertheless.
13. I have watched "Bridges Over Madison County" 8 times and each time I hope she will open the door to the truck..but she never does..lol
14. I watch "Dr. Zhivago" at least once a year. Each time I see a detail I missed the previous time.
15. I love a computer, but I detest DVD players, digital cameras and VCR's. AND REMOTES. I'm technically illiterate and have no patience to take the time to learn about them.
16. I went through a "happy homemaker" period in my life in which I made my own clothes, canned my own food and grew my own veggies. I DON'T do that anymore!!
17. I am a hillbilly and it will take an act of Congress to make me move from Eastern Kentucky again.
18. I get very attached to purses. I carry one until it literally falls apart and then I will spend weeks trying to find the perfect one again because I know it will have to last years.
19. I HATE TO SHOP! Did I mention I hate to shop? I think Wally World should be sued for making it so time consuming and tedious now with the BIGGER stores.
20. I don't like hot weather. I would rather be cold and snuggled under a blanket than sweating and trying to stay cool.
21. I hate camping. I hate the bugs, the lack of bathrooms, and smoke from the fire. Give me a hotel room anyday.
22. I love to surprise people with gifts.
23. To welcome me into the world almost 50 years ago, I had 2 grandmothers, 2 great-grandmothers and 2 great-great grandmothers. Also 2 grandfathers, and one step great-grandfather.
24. In my last living grandmother's home last Christmas we had 57 relatives for dinner, some could not attend (this was usual, we have a big family). She passed away in Feb. from breast cancer.
25. I am afraid to fly in an airplane.
26. I have a severe phobia of snakes. Spiders are not a bother.
27. I was bit by a spider when I was a teenager and still have the scar from where a spot the size of a golf ball rotted out of my thigh..ugh
28. I think I slept through the feminist movement. I still fix my hubby a plate and carry it to him when we are invited for a cookout or picnic.
29. While growing up, the men ate first at the table in my grandparents home, then the children (we never knew when dinner was ready, we were always outside playing), then the women ate. No one ever complained, that is just the way it was.
30. I am ANTI-abortion. I belong to the Ky. Right to Life.
31. I am a Registered Nurse, but I hate nursing. It was my parent's career choice for me and I had no say in it.
32. I don't enjoy driving cars, I like SUV's or pick ups.
33. My Mom picked my name out of a magazine she was reading while she was in the hospital after I was born.
34. I gave my daughter the same middle name as I have.
35. I don't like coffee and I don't smoke.
36. I crave Pepsi like someone craves alcohol.
37. I can't wiggle my ears, but I sure wish I could.
38. My Favorite mixed drink is a Singapore Sling.
39. I don't like the taste of beer.
40. I used to teach Sunday School.
Perhaps I will post another 40 if anyone is that interested at another time....or was it more than you ever wanted to know???? LOL
9/13/2005 11:35 am
I've never seen Bridges of Madison County. Gosh, I hope you haven't spoiled it for me! |
9/14/2005 3:54 am
My daughter has the same middle name as my mother, my sister, and my wife - Ann. I'm a Diet Doctor Pepper drinker myself, can't stand coffee or beer either. Also, regarding purple, do you have a secret Donnie Osmond connection?|
9/16/2005 5:31 am
Hi Berri |
Just checking your blogs and I like the title of it.
I'm doing fine. Hurricane Katrana passed further east of me and I did not get much of her. My daughter lives close to New Orleans and has some damage to her home. They went to Houston before the hurricane hit.
Take care. Keep On Blogging!!!! Have a great day.
♫ Cajun Pet ♪
9/16/2005 10:34 pm
Soooooooo glad to hear from you cajun! I had been very concerned about you!|
I'm so happy you and your family are doing well.
Drop into the Berri Patch anytime!
9/19/2005 5:06 am
1. I am an only child as well~|
2. I had all my grandparents we well when I was born
3. My heritage is the same. We have ours traced back to 1419 when our founding relative came from " the hills of Scotland in 1419"
Interesting things Berri!