|Blogs > allforfun5262 > Our Private Thoughts|
Why is it that every dictionary gives the definition of nymph, nymphomania, nymphomaniac as referring to a woman?
Nymph: 3 entries
1) any of the minor divinities of nature in classical mythology; represented as beautiful maidens dwelling in the mountains, forests, trees, and water.
3) any of the various immature insects, especially larve of an insect (grasshopper, true bug, or mayfly) with incomplete metamorphosis that differs from the imago especially in size and in its incompletely developed wings and genitalia.
Etymology-New Latin from the word nymphae meaning inner lips of the vulva;( from Latin plural of nympha) and the late Latin word mania meaning excessive sexual desire by a female.
noun: meaning disapproving; a woman who desires frequent sex especially with multiple partners.
WHY A WOMAN?
Is it someone who is forever searching or yearning to fulfill their sexual needs?
Is it someone who's body is forever aching while waiting for release...a release that brings peace to their inner soul?
Is it someone who's physical and emotional needs forsakes all logical and moral obligations?
Both male and female fit into this category. if you browse through this site, there are both male and female who admit to being married but looking...
1) looking to fulfill their needs for sexual gratification with someone other than their spouse, therefore all moral obligations go out the window. most married people on this site should be considered a nymphomaniac.
2) Waiting and wanting release from pent up sexual frustration should not be frowned upon. Who doesn't want to bring peace to their inner soul? Although that makes you a nymphomaniac.
3) Searching and yearning to fulfill your sexual wants and needs is human, not mythical. Both male and female have sexual wants and needs but to search and yearn to fulfill them makes you a nymphomaniac.
Does anyone have a reason why men should not be included in the definitions?
And if every thing I've written is true then anyone who has a sexual appetite and wants to fulfill their needs are nymphomaniacs. I guess that means I'm proud to be a nymphomaniac.
11/8/2005 10:02 am
I am also a proud nymphomaniac. Why should there be anything wrong with that. For some reason in our culture sex is still a taboo, especially if you like it and like it with multiple partners. It's a good thing there are sites like AdultFriendFinder to help us nymphos find each other. Long live the nymph!!!|