|Blogs > WickedWanda269 > Wicked Wanda's World|
Things I have learned so far...
Things I have learned so far...
1. Men are just as insecure as women. I cannot tell you how many guys don't put pictures up becuase they don't like how they look. Of course it still doesn't explain the plethora of crotch shots, but I'll save that for another post.
2. Some people just don't look like their pictures. You know how they say a camera adds 10 pounds? Well, it also adds, pecs, rock hard abs, and tight asses. Twice I have met men that looked nothing like their photos. If I didn't know it before, I know it now -- Photoshop is a wonderful program.
3. Some people just won't read a profile no matter how mandatory you make it. I clearly state that I don't date guys who are trying to get some on the sly (meaning behind their wives/significant other's back), and yet they still contact me. I have a preference for guys of a particular race, and yet some men who don't fit my preferences will still contact me, thinking they can change my mind. Uh, no! I like what I like and I'm not going to change my mind, so why waste both our time?
4. Some guys will say anything to get you in bed. Considering the kind of site AdultFriendFinder is, you would think that running a scam to get someone in bed would pretty much be a waste of time, yet guys do it all the time. It amazes and amuses me.
5. On the flip side of #4, it also amazes me how guys think you'll jump into bed five minutes after they contact you. Again, I know the point of the site, but I need to have some sort of a connection with a guy before I'll sleep with them. I don't have to love them, but I have to like them at least a bit.
6. Just as you think there aren't any decent guys left, one drops out of the sky to redeem your faith in men. I've managed to meet two really great guys through here...which is a better track record than some other women I know. Most women are lucky if they find one guy who is worth spending time with. I've got two.
Anyway, these are a few things I have learned. Comments are welcome, as are questions...about anything.
10/5/2005 11:16 pm
Sorry I got no photos for you Wanda. I'm a non-paying member so I can't post any pictures. |
For points 3 & 4, I can't comment cause you & I ain't ever gonna be in the same bed! I find you attractive and interesting but I'm just too far away. The main reason I visit your blogs is just to read what interesting things you write and to comment when I have something to say.
#5? I agree with you.
And congratulations on the two great guys you got. After what you said about your husband, you deserve to have those two guys.
10/7/2005 4:25 pm
Hi Luv! |
It didn't occur to me that nonpaying males couldn't post pictures. I know that when I was a nonpaying female I could. In that case, I can understand not having a picture on the site. But, if you contact someone and they ask to see a picture, you could email them one, but in my case, even if the conversation went off site and to email, these guys still didn't have a picture to share. And that still doesn't excuse the PAYING males who don't have a picture either on their profile or to send via email.
I don't know, it's just a pet peeve of mine. Maybe I'm just spoiled.
Smooches sweetie...and thank you for the compliment.
11/8/2005 9:47 pm
I've been away for quite some time. Thought I'd check in on you and see how you're doin. Haven't seen any new blogs from you for quite a while.
Let me know how things are going, okay?
Hugs & kisses.
11/19/2005 4:18 pm
Hi, welcome to blog!|
Are you aware there is a new group created for bloggers and their readership to meet and frolic in the chat room? (A place for serious discussion as well)
A group where interesting blog posts will be “spot-lighted” along with the links of how to get there. A place where new kids on the block can actually get seen as well as the predominant “hierarchy”.
A place where ideas can flow--from suggested blog topics, to writing "critiques", to directions on how to better use the elements of color, photos, and font style/size to make your blog more eye appealing; as well as instructions on how to better use linking to other posts.
Being that this is an adult site, we will also have a group post running where writers and their followers can indicate where they're from so maybe you might actually be able to meet some folk "local" to you.
Flirtatious banter is encouraged--crude obscene assaults will not be tolerated and are subject to deletion.
So...Stop in and have a little fun over your cup o' joe!
Here is a link to the group Blog Cafe, look forward to meeting you there!
11/20/2005 3:58 pm
Hi Wanda ...|
I have answers for you:
1. A good reason most men don't have a face picture posted is because they are either married or otherwise attached and afraid of being found out, or they are bi or bi-curious and afraid of being outed by a friend stumbling on this site. I can't tell you the number of guys / couples listed as "straight" that have emailed me here (and another site) and said "I'm listed as straight but ..."
Sorry, but honest is a big deal with me. If you're hiding your sexuality, what else are you hiding? I don't care to find that out.
Me ... I have a face pic and am listed as bisexual, and my blog has a couple of my adventures posted, so with me, you know who and what you're getting.
2. How many times have you heard "I'm not photogenic" or "I don't have a digital camera/scanner" ... about as many times as you go to meet someone who has posted 15 year old photos ... or worse ... pictures of someone else. I had that happen to me when I was dating ... not sure what she was thinking, but the picture she posted wasn't even close to her. She later claimed it was a mistake, she posted her friend's picture because it was named wrong on her computer ... but I find it hard to believe she never checked her add to see how it looked? Please.
3. I said "you know who and what you're getting" but I should have added "IF you take the time to read my profile." And like you're finding out, people here don't take time to read. In fact, I wonder if some of them can read, or comprehend what they do read.
4&5. There are some guys who think they're the best a larger or not-your-classic-hollywood-beauty can get. They fail to realize that while men are mostly visual, women are more attracted to substance over packaging. Sure, there are some women out there who are window shopping like men do, but most men have this set of standards (mostly poorly defied by what they see in Playboy) of what they must have for a woman to be "their type," not realizing that once the packaging is off, there better be an attraction to the contents. I've often said that everyone looks the same in the dark, but stupid shines brightly all night long. I'll take a big brain over a big chest every day of the week.
6. Good for you! I'm having dinner with a couple tomorrow who sounds to be exactly what I'm looking for. Like you, I'm not here for the quantity, but the quality. I'm sure I could have had a lot more interest had I not listed myself as bi and not listed the things I'm interested in ... put out the boring, bland, just-like-all-the-rest-of-the-single-guys here complete with only a dick shot, but I'd rather find that one quality experience, and turn it into a long-term friendship with benefits than run out of room putting notches on my bepost.
But that's just me ... I'm different.
As for your other writings ... Love the line about not lasting longer than the commercials. That was genius.
6/23/2006 1:06 am
Well got to see your profile through a link from a friend's profile, you were on thier friend's list so we checked it out. We were curious about your blogs, so we started reading this one. I do agree with some of what you say. First of all before you comment, we do not have photos up for many or personal reasons and one being we would be risking our jobs, but that is not why I am writing you. I noticed that when I read your profile, which does a good job explaining what you like and dislike by the way, that there was NO mention of what race of guys you are interested in and in your blog you said that guys are ignoring what you are saying about your type of interest when it comes to race. Now if I am wrong I will admit to it, but I know that you can change it at any tme..lol because we have the power to do so here in AdultFriendFinder..lol, but really guys already have it tough out here on these sites, right? BTW This is the female half of this relationship!
10/6/2006 2:10 am
It's been exactly a year now since I hear anything from you!
Hope things are going well with you.