|Blogs > TommyJ1977 > I Stole the Pie !!!!|
For A Friend
For A Friend
I recently got a phone call at work which I later found out was for how to bake a potato. It came as quite a shock as the person who called,marigrrl, is a very good cook. She has whipped up a chicken marsala that would nock your socks off. A pro at all sorts of fancy casseroles. She's mastered the game day food bar to end all....mmmmm.....getting hungry just talking about it. So being the good person that I am, I thought it was the right thing to do to send out a recipe. I wouldn't want her to be distressing about not having such a simple recipe or not knowing the basic temps(that was really all she needed). Well here it goes.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, farenhiet that is.
2. Wash and poke holes in potato.
3. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 1 1/2 hrs.
And for the microwave saavy cooker...... Microwave Baked Potato
• Choose a good, medium size russet potato, 4 or 5 inches long. Experiment with the cooking time by cooking at half power for an extra minute or two if the potato is larger than recommended. Wash and scrub potatoes well and dry with a kitchen towel or paper towel.
• Pierce the potato to allow steam to escape (or it will explode!) using the tines of a fork or a sharp small knife. Poke holes all around the potato and place it on a microwave safe plate.
• Bake on high 4 minutes, turn potato over and bake another 4 minutes. Turn again and bake on half power 2 minutes. Remove from oven and wrap each potato tightly in foil.
• Let stand for 5 minutes to cool enough to handle.
• Remove foil, split the potatoes and mash or cut up the insides a little. Add seasonings and toppings as desired and return to the microwave for 1 minute if needed to melt cheese or reheat slightly.
• Note: Never place aluminum foil in the microwave.
If I didn't know better and just looked at the two, I'd say FUCK THATto the micro recipe...too much reading, that shits gotta be hard. OK, let me give it to you simple...wash, poke, put it in, hit it for 10 on high and be damn careful when u pull it out.
Note: may be used as a recipe for sex.
5/26/2006 11:10 pm
Okay smart ass... that's it. It was a "Jessica" moment. Ya got me!