posts 4/6/2006 8:58 am
6/25/2006 8:28 pm
Magic 100th post and 25 things
I'm a centenarian!
100 posts in 5 months. Holy Crap! Who knew I had that much to say. Well, if you know me you would know I can talk a blue steak. So it would only follow that I could write a few things. Not that I can spell though.
So in keeping with the tradition of some here is a start on 100 things about me. Let's see if I can come up with 75 more.
- I was born in Princeton, NJ
- I've lived in NJ all my life except for a few years.
- Growing up I wanted to be an astronaut
- Later I thought about being an astronomer
- I worked in a Planetarium for a while.
- Later yet, I thought about being a mission specialist in the Space Shuttle program. But my eyesight would not have met the requirements and laser correction was not here yet. They had a process called radial keratotomy where they cut a pattern in the eye and as it healed it's shape would change and correct the eyesight. Wasn't going to do that.
- I went all the way through the Scouting program. Cub Scouts, Webelos, Boy Scouts.
- I am an Eagle Scout. It’s the only rank retained after one is no longer scouting age. Anyone else is just a Scout.
- I loved to climb trees when I was a kid.
- I was a cheerleader in college. First time was cheering in front of 20,000 people in Giants stadium.
- I competed Trampoline and won medals when I was a kid.
- I can do more today on a trampoline than I could back then.
- Started taking gymnastics lessons after graduating college.
- Competed in Germany at Deutsches Turnfest.
- I was 28 and competed in the 18 to 28 age group. Placed mid way.
- I went to E Berlin the summer before the wall came down.
- Traveled across country by car twice.
- Have visited all but a few of the 50 states.
- Been to Alaska. Did a one week backpacking trip.
- After leaving the bus my hiking partner and I saw no other people until we got back.
- I have not been to Hawaii yet.
- I have been to Puerto Rico
- I remember silly shit like who taught me what the word “quantize” meant.
- And who introduced me to Orange Marmalade.
- My first car was a Plymouth Duster.
Picture is the M100 Spiral Galaxy
4/6/2006 5:31 pm
May there be many more to come (or cum, whichever way you want to look at it).
|SpaceRangerNJ replies on 4/6/2006 6:33 pm:|
That's the next milestone. Night of a 100 cums. Well a month of nights. Did I ever tell you I got stoned for a month one night? lol.
A friend told me that one a long time ago. Thought it was funny.
4/6/2006 6:11 pm
Welcome to the 100 club...almost!|
|SpaceRangerNJ replies on 4/6/2006 6:34 pm:|
Just over 55 years to go on the actual 100 club.
Do ya think I'll be on TV with Willard Scott? How old would he be then. OMG!
posts4/6/2006 11:56 pm
nice to find out a little about you, and the photo is fab too happy 100th. . ., it can sneak past you if you don't pay attetion !|
|SpaceRangerNJ replies on 4/7/2006 2:41 pm:|
Glad you enjoyed the first 25 facts (will there be another 25? Only the shadow knows)
4/7/2006 12:48 am
Congrats on # 100.|
4/7/2006 7:35 pm
CONGRATs!!! ON THE NUMBER 100TH |
Bless ya little typing fingers, hun.
oh, ps ... whispers, come closer, please ....SR ~~ Mybad, babe ... it's Dancing Queen, by ABBA. I'm not all here for a Friday
still want me to sing to you?
|SpaceRangerNJ replies on 4/7/2006 8:19 pm:|
Now you're talking!
OK, I still have to check out the Ray Charles song.
And sure, you can sing to me. Next time I'm in Florida. You can sing for your supper. Or lunch. Or a cup of coffee.
4/20/2006 10:04 am
I can do more today on a trampoline than I could back then.|
Congratulations extremely late. Loved your life facts.
|SpaceRangerNJ replies on 4/20/2006 10:50 am:|
Ya don't know what your missin' 'til you done it on a Nissen!
Thanks for coming by. I've missed you.