|Blogs > SmoothOneAllMan > Story of my life?|
A good nights sleep, no hurried schedule today, just do a few chores and kick back. Now that is my kind of day! LOL It is very early in the day yet so I will post more later on.
Mmmmmmm, been out and had breakfast, man, it is nice to have a day off to do what I want when I want. Also, just some ramblings in my brain pan began to stir as I was out this morning.
1. Gas is to damn high!
2. We as consumers are not doing enough about it, and we can do something about it.
3. My waitress this morning is moving closer to her job so she can walk to nearly all the things she needs regularly. For those things that are farther away, she is going to get a scooter, powered that is. Either gas or electric, but those little gas jobs get about 1,000 miles to the gallon. LOL Well, they are pretty efficient.
4. Went by the gym where I used to be a member, and it was really spooky. Not many people there on a Saturday morning and it is usually bustling by this time. Gas crunch? Prolly!
5. Most people are clueless. Meaning, we tend to do the head in the sand trick when things are bad and just hope it will get better without involving us. NEWS FLASH!!!! Ain't gonna happen peeps! Look around you and see those who are still driving like gas was under a buck. Speed on the interstates, in town, driving big gas guzzlers, all that stupid stuff we have always done and will have to stop doing.
6. Even if it were not for the damn hurricanes that are taking their toll on us in the oil producing and refining region, we have other forces working against us. What you say? How about your local TV news, national news, newspapers, any form of print or other media, and yes, even the Internet. Have you noticed that the price of gas starts going up even BEFORE the damage is known? Even BEFORE the latest storm even strikes land or any other assets? Why, well what do you remember about the crying wolf syndrome? Instead of getting de-sensitized to this alarm, our friends at the oil companies and the outlet points just take it as license to start jacking up the price because they figure we expect it and will just cope. I have news for you, that is going to stop and it is going to begin with me. As soon as I can get my shit together in this divorce thing, I am moving closer to my work, getting a very cheap form of transport and weaning myself from the gasoline fix I have grown to need. Mark my words people, if we do not do this in droves, the damn Arabs will not have to fire a shot to take America anytime they choose. So, give in or get to it and make our country count for something. When we can free ourselves from oil dependency, the OPEC nations can try and eat the damn stuff for all I care. Try growing corn in a desert, it will not work. Then we will see who has who by what!
I knew weekends were good for something, that sure felt good!