|Blogs > Rubenesquelady5 > The Stockholm Chronicles|
Sun is here to stay
Sun is here to stay
After months of layers, cold hands and snow, we are finally able to defrost and enjoy the warmth of the sun.
It was about 22 to 25 celcius with very little wind. Naturally the Swedes went crazy with their beachwear (almost) in the city.
Being a little skeptical of how the weather changes in this country I ran around with my light jacket nevertheless.
The weather changes what people do over the weekend even. I guess coming from the part of the world where the sun and heat is always available, one does not really let the weather dominate ourlives. Of course it does in a small way - one of those rare times when we decide to picnic or go on a holiday to the beach for example. But funny enough I can't remember doing too much of either as I hated the heat and sweating back home. Here it is a luxury to be taken advantaged of.
Living abroad does open your mind and you do realize what you take for granted - the sun, nature and your lifestyle.
While I am on the subject of Swedes and their attitudes. What is it with these guys? When I view the people who have visited my page, it seems that the guys really have a problem filling in their profile "about me" page.
And they really expect me to reply to profiles where they simply cut and paste from the "writing ideas" section which is there to help you along the way....
Help others make a real connection with you, and you'll get more responses! Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Most of my friends would say I have a (dominant/easy-going/shy/other) personality.
An intelligent person knows that this is a guide so if you were to use this guide, then you would choose between "dominant, easygoing,shy or other as in...add in your personality trait weirdo....but oh no, they cut paste the whole sentence so I am left wondering which trait they have
2. When it comes to physical health, I exercise about (5 to 7, 3 or 4, 1 or 2) times per week (or never), and expect my sex partners to be at about the same fitness level.
-- when they have this in their profile and contact me, it shows they didnt read mine which states I am a bbw!
3. I (like/dislike) the bar scene. I prefer (lots of partying/not to party) when I'm involved in sexual encounters.
4. I like my partners to (tell me what to do/follow my lead) in the bedroom.
5. I love sex, but I'm more interested in (short-term relationships/long-term relationships/marriage).
--- yeah pal, which one do you want?
6. In the bedroom, I tend to like (traditional, straight forward/kinky, experimental/other) sex.
--- so is it all of the above or just kinky?
Some of my favorite positions are...
7. I prefer one-on-one sex, but wouldn't mind trying it with another (man/woman) in the room.
8. One-on-one sex doesn't interest me much. I prefer (threesomes/swapping/orgies/other).
9. I'm (seldom/always) willing to try some light bondage or blindfolds.
And to cap it all, I occasionally get emails with "I have never done it with a Svart Tjej"
Now Svart Tjej literally means "Black girl"
I am NOT black! I am brown and I not even from the African continent to begin with.
Profiles are important, it reveals alot about your confidence level, personality, attitude towards others and it is also a way to sell yourself to the person you are contacting.
I acknowledge people who have taken the trouble to jot down some down to earth information about themselves. Sometimes it can be funny, weird even and sometimes direct.
5/7/2006 6:04 am
Always a pleasure to read your point of views....I enjoy your way of expressing yourself, always at a high level and great sense of humour....Keep up with that girl!
I hope you will find love and happiness soon, either in Sweden or somewhere else. Noone deserves it more than you!
5/7/2006 9:09 am
That is so sweet of you Noregrets! See you in the chatroom sometime.|