|Blogs > RedheadedMedStd > The Roller Coaster - My Life|
Things I am thankful for...
Things I am thankful for...
Since next week is Thanksgiving and we are all undoubtly getting ready to put on out fat pants and sit down with relatives that we don't really want to see, I was thinking about what I am thankful for. There are so many things nowadays that we take for granted. Here a few that I have collected that I really am thankful for:
1. Electricity- Otherwise we wouldn't have 1/2 our technology and we can't see after 5pm (at least where I am)
2. Heat- Think about how cold you are walking from your car to your work on the chilliest day of recent. There are people with no shoes who walk like that everyday.
3. My pets- They comfort me, make me laugh, love me unconditionally, don't talk back, keep me warm, and listen to me and they never tell your secrets.
4. Learning your lessons the hard way- It usually takes me about 5 times of learning my lesson the hard weay before it sticks, that's the German stubborness in me, but once I do, Phewww I never do it again!
5. My parents big hearts- They have always helped me, even when I didn't deserve it.
6. My Mom's Mom- Everyone deserves to have a grandma who is allergic to brown chocolate and yet still makes her granddaughters their favorite cupcakes (even at 19 and 23!).
7. Hoodies- Comfiness, enough said
8. Books- All kinds from textbooks (so I don't have to write own for practically every course), to cookbooks, to books just to read. We would indeed be lost without the knowledge they contain.
9. Contraceptives- I have had one oops, that was enough for me...
10. Toothbrushes- Some people need to use these more often, but I always loved them because I used it all the time to get shit out of my braces when I had them in high school.
11.Beer- Here's to being single, seeing double, and sleeping triple!
12. High-lighters- Some of my texts are over 2,000 pages long, can you imagine what students would do without their little cheater pens?
13. Pirated music- I can't afford to buy all the music I want to listen to!
14. Matt Damon- Good Will Hunting, the Bostonian accent, and those eyes
15. Summer- Summer nights where you sit outside after dark drinking lemonade, catching fireflies, hanging at the beach, bonfires, and pools.
16. Chocolate chip cookies- I'm a self-proclaimed chocoholic.
17. My Metabolism- I can eat whatever I want, whenever I want, and as much as I want. I am soooo lucky on this one. Thanks Dad!
18. Cars- The Fast and the Furious and think how long it would take you to get anywhere walking or on horseback! Thank goodness for multiple horses!
19. Aqua de Gio- I can smell that from a mile away, the scent makes me practically swoon.
20. Coffee- Nothing in my life gets accomplished if I do not have this.
These are just a few, there are tons more. So tell me, what are you thankful for? Give me one thing, give me 20. I am always asked at Thanksgiving, so now I am turning the tables. Come on now, be creative!
11/18/2005 12:37 pm
my 2 feet
her 2 feet
the smell of freshly mowed grass in the summer
the feel of warm rain in spring
coffee of course
a great workout, high heart rate and sore muscles
the joy of living fearlessly