|Blogs > Mun_Dane > Ordinary Things|
I was thinking about some of my favorite songs to go along with some of my favorite movies, and you know it a lot harder to come up with list or that. I think the list will be influenced by a lot of things, including what I listened to last. But there are always a few that I can listen to, no matter how I feel. It is gonna be weird, so brace yourself.
1) “Tonight Is What It Means to Be Young” By Fire, Inc. Not even a one hit wonder, this song is off of the Streets of Fire soundtrack. It is one of those songs that just got its hooks into me, and I don’t know why. The stars of that movie never lasted (other than Wilem Dafoe, who plays the Prince of Darkness-like gang leader)
2) “Against All Odds” By Phil Collins–As far as romantic ballads go, this one still moves me. My late wife hated Phil Collins but I loved this song and the movie it was a part of was ok.
3) Hellion/Electric Eye by Judas Priest ‒ Metal anthems were a huge part of my life in my HS years. This one is one of my all time favs, the beat and guitars just beg ofr and extended air guitar solo, with headbang, until I am dizzy.
4) Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue ‒ When I was in the Army, this was the song our tank was always playing when we kicked off a mission (Our tank was named “Heather” for Heather Lockyear, Tommy Lee’s wife at the time)
5) Higher by Creed ‒ Ok, I know that this song is despised by anyone who thinks that serious rock is not found there, but for this for me is just a song that some how reverberates in my soul. In fact for some damn reason that whole album makes me think, cry and my soul soar. I just feel good after listening to it like, I have just come from a cleansing shower. Weird, huh?
There are others obviously, and I left off of my list some of my favorite stuff like classical artists. (I love to listen to Bizet and Handel) But I am thinking that is enough for today.