|Blogs > Choozmi > Nothing is what it seems to be|
My kind of snob
My kind of snob
I've lived in California most of my life (Northern and Southern) and absolutely love it. I have no intention of living anywhere else (though visiting amusing little places like New York or Europe can be nice from time to time).
This applies to Southern California: The climate is heavenly. The landscape... gorgeous but not too green. People... many gorgous people, too. The traffic is a hassle but you learn to deal with it. And yes, there aren't four real seasons but who cares?
Rules of thumb:
* Don't call it "Cali". Call it "California". It's a beautiful name. "Cali" sounds like a song and there is a lot more to this place than songs.
* Don't call it "Frisco". Call it "San Francisco" or simply "The City".
* They probably don't want you to call it "Sacto", either, but who cares since you'll probably never want to go to Sacramento anyway (just kidding!!!)
* If you're not going to live within ten minutes of the beach, why be here? That's like moving to New York but not living in Manhattan.
* It costs a lot to live here but the splendor is worth it (at least to me).
I know I sound like a snob. About California I AM a snob.
7/8/2005 4:42 pm
to start i will say nice blog...so far what i have read has been good....|
up until recently i didnt know you had a blog...its pretty good...i would have to say i want to reply to most...so give me time and i will....(it will help your ratings)....i posted a comment about the winks....just in case for some strange reason they dont say who posted or where...
i read this in a thread you responded to...i wouldnt consider you a snob...just not into a shortcut when it comes to speaking. It sounds better when you use the real name!! hope you are having a great weekend...
live more, laugh often, love much
7/25/2005 4:49 am
I love California too. I was born in Ohio, but have been here since the 60's. And nearly all the time in the general area I am in right now. So, I keep it to myself, not wanting the over population of this state, except for those I care about. I even like the earthquakes. It rids the state of the faint hearted. In fact we are due for one pretty soon aren't we?|
8/2/2005 6:07 pm
Ah, but California has mountains as well and I chose to live there... is that bad?|
When you fish for love, bait with your heart and not your brain. Mark Twain
Man of my dreams....